- This event has passed.
Mindful Self-Compassion 8-week online course
May 18, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 9:15 pm BST
Mindful Self-Compassion is an evidence-based group course that will help you start developing a kinder relationship with yourself, even in difficult and painful moments of life. You’ll learn how to become your own best friend, so whatever happens you’ll always have your own back.
This highly respected programme was developed by researcher Dr Kristin Neff, and psychologist Dr Chris Germer. You’ll learn about the three core components of self-compassion:
– Mindfulness: noticing that you’re struggling
– Self-kindness: responding to your own suffering with care
– Common humanity: recognising that everyone struggles sometimes
Anyone can learn the skill of mindful self-compassion, whether or not you received enough kindness growing up, and even if you feel a little uncomfortable at the thought of being kind to yourself now.
– how to stop being so hard on yourself
– how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
– how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
– how to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
– mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
– the theory and research behind mindful self-compassion
– how to become your own best teacher
The course includes a half-day retreat on Sunday 18th June, 10-2pm.
Any questions before you book?
Feel free to email Sally to arrange an informal chat: firstname.lastname@example.org