Essentials Training: Cultivating and Conveying Mindfulness
October 31, 2024 @ 6:00 pm - November 10, 2024 @ 1:00 pm GMT
This course will run in 2 modules: 1st – 3rd November and 8th – 10th November 2024, with an orientation meeting on the evening of the 31st October 2024.
About the training:
Mindfulness is ‘caught’ as well as ‘taught’ and so cultivating our mindful practice and our practice of mindful living is an essential first step in integrating mindfulness in both personal and professional settings. Developing and broadening this practice enables you to bring mindfulness more fully into your own life and forms the foundation for conveying mindfulness to others.
This practice-based immersive training, delivered online, seeds the essence of every day mindful living and mindfulness-based teaching: how to become more embodied, how to relate more skilfully to the world and other people, and how to guide yourself and others in mindfulness practice. With guidance from highly experienced trainers, you will explore mindfulness of body, mind, feeling tone and experience, while wider issues such as trauma sensitivity, unconscious bias, societal and environmental issues will be woven through the two modules. This is an essential first step in an extended comprehensive modular training programme, currently under development in collaboration with Bangor University, to have wider applicability and greater accessibility.
Who is it for?
– Those interested in deepening and broadening their relationship with, and understanding of, mindfulness practice and wanting to develop a more grounded approach to self-guided practice
– Those planning to convey mindfulness to others and guide mindfulness-based practice in a wide range of settings and contexts
– Those beginning their journey in teaching mindfulness-based programs (MBPs) and / or wanting to integrate mindfulness in existing professional contexts
– Existing mindfulness teachers or trainees wanting to re-establish a connection with the essentials of teaching MBPs
– Deepen and broaden your personal mindfulness practice
– Develop the capacity for embodied, mindful living
– Cultivate a wise and skilful relationship with other people and the world around you
– Begin to guide the basic elements of the 3 formal mindfulness practices with supervision (body scan, mindful movements and sitting)
– Gain an understanding of the appropriate parameters for conveying mindfulness
– Increase competency in the Domains of the MBI-TAC (more information on the MBI-TAC can be found here)
– An understanding of the ever-changing wider issues that impact the way we meet the world
Pre-requisites for attending:
Participants need to have been meditating regularly for at least six months using practices that are compatible with mindfulness-based approaches.
Participation in an eight-week mindfulness-based program would be of benefit and is a requirement for anyone teaching a mindfulness-based program curriculum.
Participants must commit to the entire online training. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we are unable to negotiate late arrivals or early leaving. If this is not possible, please contact us to discuss before applying.