Workshop: Mindfulness and Compassion In A Permacrisis
February 18, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm GMT
£49 – £99
‘Permacrisis’ was named the 2022 word of the year by Colin’s Dictionary, who described it as ‘lurching from one crisis to another without drawing breath’.
While we cannot change our external environment, mindfulness can help provide us with stabilising tools to navigate difficulty.
In this day workshop, Breathworks Co-founder Vidyamala Burch and Professor Dominic Houlder from the London Business School will dive into understanding how a state of permacrisis is impacting us and how we can start to equip ourselves to meet challenges of our time.
How to Navigate VUCA Environments
Experts believe that mindfulness has been shown to offer unique skills to deal with what is known as VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) environments.
Professor Houlder will bring his expertise in strategic execution to talk about the theory of VUCA environments and how understanding the impact of these times can help us cultivate helpful responses.
Vidyamala draws on her years of mindfulness experience, to present core approaches that can help us stay calm, strong and stable in the face of unpredictability and turbulence.
The workshop will provide a safe space to discuss tools and strategies for dealing with difficulty, including:
– How to regulate the nervous system when stress hormones are high
– How to work with breathing to cultivate more calm
– How to bring awareness to catastrophising and damaging habits of the mind
– How to work with thoughts so you are less thrown by them
– How to cultivate compassion towards yourself and others
– How to bring more perspective to your situation
At the end of this workshop, Vidyamala and Dominic hope to have passed on valuable tools that will help you both understand the impact of the permacrisis on your body and mind and tools to work with this using mindfulness and compassion approaches.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
– Learn from mindfulness experts with lived experience of overcoming adversity
– Learn tools and strategies to manage challenges with more ease
– Understand how you can self-resource to better navigate your environment
– Feel more confident in accessing the your source of strength, courage and stability within you
– Gain a sense of group connection and solidarity through difficult times
Ticket prices for this event range between £49 – £99. The Breathworks charity aims to make mindfulness accessible for everyone, which is why they offer multiple pricing options to those wishing to join us. They ask participants to pay the highest sustainable amount that they can, so that they can offer places at a reduced cost to those less able to afford a place.
A limited number of bursary places (£19 Bursary Rate) are reserved for individuals with significant financial barriers that limits them from affording the Concessionary Rate.
For full event details and to book your place, please click on the event website for more details.
BREATHWORKS AND THE COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
Breathworks specialises in mindfulness for managing stress, pain and illness. If you are interested in more events like these, check out their website or join their FREE online mindfulness platform the Community of Practice where they host regular free meditation events and offer free resources and courses to help you go deeper in your practice. Sign-up for here: https://tinyurl.com/3v936tc5