- This event has passed.
SMART 5-day Foundations Facilitator Training Course – ONLINE or In Person (limited spaces)
August 10, 2020 @ 9:00 am - August 13, 2020 @ 3:00 pm UTC-4
This 25-hour workshop introduces the revised smartEducation curriculum to potential facilitators. The practical, sustainable benefits of how mindfulness and compassion-based approaches can help educators support their own health and well-being, manage work-related stressors and the importance of home practice will be emphasized.
It provides valuable information on how mindfulness and compassion-based approaches can help teachers manage the stressful demands of the classroom, cultivate an exceptional learning environment, and revitalize teaching and learning. Participants will learn strategies for teaching smartEducation foundational mindful awareness and compassion practices.
Who Should Attend
Educators and those interested in becoming a SMART facilitator. This course is a requirement of the SMART Facilitator Certification Training Pathway.
SMART Facilitator Requirements
To be completed BEFORE
– Attending and completing one 20-hour smartEducation course
– An established mindfulness practice including meditation & mindful movement
– Experience teaching adults and facilitating professional development activities for teachers
Can be completed Before or AFTER
– Completion Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course (MBSR) as a participant
– A residential teacher led silent retreat that is a minimum of 3-7 days in duration.
To be completed AFTER
– Practicum: Participation and observing SMART
– Assisting: smartEducation as taught by a qualified facilitator and/or with a fellow trainee
– Co-teaching: smartEducation under the guidance of a qualified mentor
– Ongoing Professional Development
SMART draws on the following wisdom streams:
MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
MSC (Mindful Self-Compassion)
MEB (Mindfulness-based Emotional Balance)
Kindness and Compassion (Positive Psychology)
The workshop refers to basic and applied research in the fields of mindfulness, self-compassion, kindness and compassion, neuroscience, psychology, conscious
movement and education.
Monday August 10 — Friday August 14, 2020 | 9 AM – 3 PM (includes breaks)
(Note: this course is live streamed in real time and will not be not available at other times. Your full attention and participation will be required.)
Location: The Latvian Centre, 4 Credit Union Dr. (DVP and Eglinton), North York, ON M4A 2N8
COurse Fee: $850.00 (includes SMART Facilitator Training Notes & access to Google Classroom with Additional