- This event has passed.
Mindful Yin Yoga Foundations Training
March 25, 2023 @ 9:00 am - May 20, 2023 @ 1:00 pm UTC-8
Yin Yoga is a unique combination of Yoga, Chinese Medicine, and Mindfulness Meditation. The body gradually releases its habitual holding as the poses are held passively for several minutes at a time, affecting the nervous system, the body’s connective tissues, and its energetic pathways, like a form of self-acupressure.
Concentration, mindfulness, and receptivity are cultivated in the poses, making Yin Yoga a wonderful introduction to meditation.
The Moved To Meditate Yin Yoga Teacher Trainings, led by Addie deHilster, provide a well-rounded education for aspiring Yin teachers, rooted in Mindfulness Meditation and therapeutic principles.
In the Mindful Yin Yoga Foundations Training, you will gain the essential skills to lead safe and meaningful Yin Yoga classes. Through a mix of lecture, discussion, practice, and self-study, you will deepen your experience of Yin Yoga as a form of embodied meditation, as well as a support for physical and energetic wellness.
This 35-hour training module covers:
– Principles of Practice in the Yin Yoga style
– Yin-Yang theory and Taoist concepts
– Chinese Medicine, Qi, and the 5 major energy meridians in Yin Yoga
– Anatomy of the joints and soft tissues affected by Yin Yoga
– In-depth study of 24 Yin Yoga poses, with numerous propping options
– Buddhist Mindfulness Meditation practices applied in Yin poses
This online training will be spaced out over the Spring, with five meetings (of 4 hours each) in March-May. In addition to the live sessions above, you will learn from readings, pre-recorded materials, and at-home practices.