- This event has passed.
Mindful Self-compassion (MSC) Teacher Training
November 21, 2022 @ 9:00 am - November 27, 2022 @ 5:00 pm GMT
Teacher Training at the Ammerdown Retreat Centre, Radstock, nr Bath, Somerset, UK
Hosted by Sussex Mindfulness Centre. Delivered by the Center for Mindful-Self-Compassion
Based on pioneering research by Kristin Neff and integrated with the clinical perspective of Christopher Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult emotions with care and understanding.
The three key components of self-compassion are self-kindness, a sense of common humanity, and balanced, mindful awareness.
Kindness opens our hearts to suffering, so we can give ourselves what we need. Common humanity opens us to others, so that we know we aren’t alone. Mindfulness opens us to the present moment, so we can accept our experience with greater ease. Together they comprise a state of warmhearted, connected, presence during difficult moments in our lives.
At the completion of this Teacher Training, participants should be able to:
• Deepen one’s personal practice of responding to difficult emotions with mindfulness and compassion
• Summarize current basic theory and research on self-compassion
• Develop the skills necessary to facilitate MSC groups, including how to guide meditation, teach from each participant’s direct experience, and facilitate group cohesion
• Identify obstacles to mindful self-compassion practice and strategies for overcoming them
• Embody a mindful and compassionate stance toward students of the MSC program as they confront challenges to their practice
Target Audience for teacher Training:
This intensive course, which runs over seven days, is intended for those who wish to teach the MSC program, those who would like to integrate mindfulness and self-compassion in their ongoing professional activities (i.e. psychotherapy, coaching, nursing, teaching, etc.), and individuals who have a professional interest in the field (i.e. researchers, administrators, etc.).