- This event has passed.
Exploration and Play – An Attachment Theory Based Guided Visualization Meditation Workshop for Improving the Capacity to Play and Explore
April 29, 2023 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm UTC-4
Join us for this workshop where we will first develop the sense of internal security with Perfect Nurturer Meditation, then develop better exploration and play skills using guided visualization.
The intended outcome is a stronger sense of internalized security (remapping the internal working model of attachment) and more fluent exploration and play abilities.
This program is for people who want to improve their ability to play and explore.
This program is suitable for beginners to meditation and healing work. The main aim of this half day meditation workshop is to further develop the capacity to explore and play. We will go about this in a structured and methodical manner.
Firstly, drawing from attachment theory, we will internalize the sense of inner security in the “Perfect Nurturer Meditation”, an attachment repair visualization meditation.
Then, secondly, building on the felt sense of security of the ‘secure base’, we’ll develop the capacity to explore and play in different contexts also using guided visualization meditation.
List of meditations:
– PNR (Perfect Nurturer Reinforcement Meditation) to establish the secure base: The secure base is what gives us the confidence to explore
– Exemplar Practice (Drawing from the visualization practices of Tibetan Buddhism): Imagining someone who is really good at play and then taking on those traits
– Embracing our own prefences and feeling valid about having our own preferences
– Practicing Child-Like Play
– Practicing the Elements of Play one-by-one (Drawing from the Strong Play list of qualities of play)
– Practicing Adult Exploration and Play (this is comprised of work-type explorations and romantic play)
* Work-Related Exploration (development of self definition, capacity to plan, and self-agency)
* Flirting as play and exploration (developing better flirting skills)
* Sex as play (This visualization will not be graphic rather it will allow the participant to create their content of the scenes. The qualities we’ll work to develop are: sensate-focus, ease, enjoyment, pleasure, confidence, playfulness, etc)