- This event has passed.
Essentials Training – Cultivating and Conveying Mindfulness
July 19, 2023 @ 9:00 am - July 23, 2023 @ 5:00 pm BST
Mindfulness is ‘caught’ as well as ‘taught’ and so cultivating our mindful practice and our practice of mindful living is an essential first step in integrating mindfulness in both personal and professional settings. Developing and broadening this practice enables you to bring mindfulness more fully into your own life and forms the foundation for conveying mindfulness to others.
This practice-based immersive training, delivered in a non-residential in-person setting, seeds the essence of everyday mindful living and mindfulness-based teaching: how to become more embodied, how to relate more skilfully to the world and other people, and how to guide yourself and others in mindfulness practice. With guidance from highly experienced trainers, you will explore mindfulness of body, mind, feeling tone, and experience, while wider issues such as trauma sensitivity, unconscious bias, and societal and environmental issues will be woven through the two modules. This is an essential first step in an extended comprehensive modular training programme, currently under development in collaboration with Bangor University, to have wider applicability and greater accessibility.
Please note: This in-person event is non-residential and you will need to book your own accommodation. See below for more details.
Who is it for?
– Those interested in deepening and broadening their relationship with, and understanding of, mindfulness practice and want to develop a more grounded approach to self-guided practice
– Those planning to convey mindfulness to others and guide mindfulness-based practice in a wide range of settings and contexts
– Those beginning their journey in teaching mindfulness-based programs (MBPs) and/or wanting to integrate mindfulness into existing professional contexts
– Existing mindfulness teachers or trainees wanting to re-establish a connection with the essentials of teaching MBPs
– Deepen and broaden your personal mindfulness practice
– Develop the capacity for embodied, mindful living
– Cultivate a wise and skillful relationship with other people and the world around you
– Guide the basic elements of the 3 formal mindfulness practices (body scan, mindful movements, and sitting)
– Gain an understanding of the appropriate parameters for conveying mindfulness
– Increase competency in the Domains of the MBI-TAC
– An understanding of the ever-changing wider issues that impact the way we meet the world