Be Mindful, Teach Mindfully, Teach Mindfulness Online Course
September 24, 2022 @ 9:00 am - November 19, 2022 @ 3:00 pm EDT
This master-class course provides you with the practical skills and teaching resources to establish a solid foundation in each of the three core aspects of mindfulness in education and to promote wellbeing in your school community.
36 hours of live training
One weekend per month over 3 months, plus 2 small-group sessions.
Weekend #1: Be Mindful
This weekend will have a retreat-like feel as we take the time to slow down, connect with each other and reflect on how ‘being mindful’ forms the core foundation of Awareness based wellbeing in schools.
* Big Picture – Why is this work so necessary?
* Self-care for educators – nurturing mental health and emotional balance
* Cultivating and deepening personal practice
* Creating community – building relationships
* Developing social-emotional competencies
* Exploring how being mindful impacts classroom teaching
Weekend #2: Teach Mindfully
This weekend will focus on one of the key benefits of mindfulness in education as we explore, through practical activities, how developing our ability to be more present can have a significant impact on our teaching, and on our students’ learning.
* Playing with Presence – cultivating embodied teaching
* Optimizing the learning environment
* Enhancing enjoyment and connection
* Individual student attunement
* Weaving mindful awareness into the school day
* Emotional regulation – for students and adults
Weekend #3: Teach Mindfulness
This final weekend draws on all the elements of mindfulness in education as we fill our toolkits with a variety of resources, activities and approaches to bringing mindful awareness training to our students, classrooms and whole school communities.
* Developmentally appropriate lesson plans and activities for all students (4-18 years)
* ‘Seasoning the Day’ with mindful awareness
* Supporting Social-Emotional Learning
* Teaching Tips – common challenges and pedagogical guidance
* Mindful awareness across the curriculum, including sports and performance, SEN, Counseling and Leadership
* Implementation – understanding systems change and developing awareness-based wellbeing in your school