8-Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) English Session Online
January 18, 2023 @ 6:00 pm - March 22, 2023 @ 8:30 pm UTC-5
The 8-week stress reduction course, including a 90-minute orientation and day-long retreat, is based on in-depth training in mindfulness. 26 CEUs upon completion.
Attendees must attend the 90-minute Orientation:
January 18, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm EST – ONLINE
Class Dates and Times:
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm EST
Wednesday, January 25
Wednesday, February 01, 08, 15, 22
Wednesday, March 01, 08, 15
Day Long Retreat
February 25, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
Attendees must complete a Pre-Course Questionnaire.
Today MBSR is taught to people throughout the world who are experiencing challenges in all areas of life. The motivation for many to enroll in MBSR begins with a sense of wanting to live in a way that incorporates key aspects of mindfulness, presence, awareness, and a sense of being in touch with oneself.
Through the regular training in mindfulness that this MBSR course offers, participants become familiar with their own behavior patterns, especially in relation to stressful situations. They also learn that though they cannot always change the circumstances in which they find themselves, they can choose how to respond to them. In MBSR this process is described as going from reacting to responding, with the latter involving a clearer perception of the circumstances through being in touch with the thoughts, sensations, and emotions that are present.
1. A broad repertoire of informal and formal meditation and mindfulness practices and cultivate a systematic way to integrate them into their everyday lives.
2. Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding, and enthusiasm.
3. Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful
situations, gaining insight into response rather than reaction.
4. Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels.
5. Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover quickly from challenging events.
6. Cultivate a natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind.
7. Articulate the key aspects of mindfulness as it relates to stress reduction, coping with pain and
illness, and enhancing well-being
8. Practice and apply mindfulness techniques in both personal and professional settings as a means of contending more effectively with the demands of life, and to facilitate more effective and mindful communication